Having grown up in the Texas Hill Country, I started my career in Washington, DC, after graduating from American University with degrees in Film & Media and Spanish Language. I cut my teeth at Baney Media, a full-service documentary production firm, where I worked first as an an editor, and later as a producer of socially-focused narrative content.
While in DC, I worked for Discovery Studios as an Associate Producer, National Geographic Channel International as an editor, and produced and edited for a variety of clients, from corporate video to TV documentaries.
I moved to Austin in 2011 to work for SXSW as a full-time, in-house producer, producing and directing live webcasts, and creating promotional videos for official SXSW events throughout the year. I later spent 2 years at FloSports, a sports media company, where I produced commercial content for brands ranging from Nike, adidas, Under Armour, Brooks, and many more.
Currently, I am the Managing Producer at Alamo Drafthouse, where I produce, shoot, and edit ads, trailers, pre-shows and the famous Don't Talk PSAs for all Alamo theaters nation-wide and national social media.
- Editing: professional experience with Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, and FCP 7
- Motion: Experienced animator and compositor with Adobe After Effects
- Camera operation: from DSLRs, to handheld camcorders, to the Panasonic VariCam, to the RED Epic
- Broadcast engineering: Technical integration of live broadcasts and webcasts
- Live multi-camera directing: Switching, graphics input, and shot-calling for live event video